Keywords: wikitravel,wiki,travel,tourism,travel guide,hotels,restaurants,nightlife,things to do,machida,tokyo/machida,minami machida
Description: Open source travel guide to Machida, featuring up-to-date information on attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, travel tips and more. Free and reliable advice written by Wikitravellers from around the globe.
Machida is accessible by the Odakyu Line from Shinjuku. and the JR Yokohama Line between Yokohama and Hachioji.
Machida, a major stop on the Odakyu line, is served by nearly all Odakyu trains out of Shinjuku. The fastest ways to reach Machida from Shinjuku are by the Odakyu Rapid Express (快速急行, marked with orange text) and Express trains (急行, written in red text). These trains depart frequently, every 10 minutes or less, and reach Machida from Shinjuku in about 29 to 35 minutes (¥360). Slower Semi-Express (準急) or local trains can take about 45 to 55 minutes. Machida is also the first stop on all Limited Express services that run to Hakone. They take about the same time as a Rapid Express, but incur an additional ¥400 surcharge. However, for that price you get your own comfortable seat, similar to those on a bullet train, so reserving a seat on this train especially during rush hour can make your ride a lot more pleasant.
JR Yokohama Line trains make runs to Machida from Hachioji (20-30 minutes, ¥290) and Yokohama (30-40 minutes, ¥380). More frequent trains from Yokohama depart from nearby Higashi-Kanagawa (東神奈川) station.
The Yokohama Line offers the best connection from the Tokaido Shinkansen to Machida via Shin-Yokohama station (15-20 minutes, ¥290).
Kanachu and Keio bus companies jointly offer daily services to Machida from Narita and Haneda airports. (There is only one service, depending on the time of the day, you may get Kanachu or Keio service.)
Furusato Museum of Agricultural Tools. 2288 Nozuta-machi, ☎042-736-8380. About 7 minutes from Machida station. Various farming equipment and agricultural tools on display. People of older generations are hopeful that their younger successors will carry on their farming traditions, hence this museum was built. The museum has a nice atmosphere.
Machida Chuo Library ,3－2－9 Haramachida, ☎ 042-728-8220. It's a big library, so if you are looking for some books, you might find it here as it has a wide selection.
Machida Eisa Festival Is held at Haramachida Oodori every year (on the big street down the center just outside JR Machida station, with the 109 building etc). This is an Okinawan folk dance festival held in September every year. Many Eisa (Okinawan folk dance) teams come to Machida. There are 23 pairs. The 2010 festival will be the 24th annual festival. The festival is very lively and fun, and various food items can be purchased from small stalls around the area.
Squirrel Park. 7-3-3 Kanaimachi, <Open> March 16 to October 15/10AM-5PM, October 16 to March 15 (Except December)/10AM-4PM, December 1 to December 26/10AM-3PM, <Closed> Tuesday(open in case of public holiday and closed on the next weekday),The year-end and New Year holidays----December 27 to January 2, The first Tu-Fr in June, September and December, <Price> Child(age 3-12)-200yen,Adult(junior high or more)-400yen,Group Admissions Discount(for groups of 20 or more)/Child-100yen and Adult-300yen Park with about 100 squirrels. Guests can get close to the squirrels, play with them, give them food, etc. Squirrel feed can be purchased for 100 yen.
Yakushi-ike Park ,3270 Nozuta town,042-793-7611,Everyday,AM6:00-PM6:00,There is you can enjoy the many flowers.
- Karaoke Kan. 6-21-28 Haramachida, Tel: 042-732-1585. 11AM-5PM.
- Karaoke no Tetsujin. Colombus Building 3&4F 4-11-14 Haramachida, Tel: 042-710-2175 11AM-6AM.
Bee 5F 6-10-7, Haramachida, Machida, Tokyo 17:00-5:00/Weekday 15:00-5:00/weekend The dinning restaurant with Darts. You can play darts and table games like cards game, board game. There is a nice place where you go with many friends to have a party.
Mangakissa (the place to read a book, magazine, cartoon, etc) geragera. The 35th building Tokyo B1F 6-10-10 Haramachida, Tel: 0427-20-6454 Take 2 minutes from Odakyu Machida station and JR Yokohama Machida station 24hours 30minutes -180yen(MON-FRI), 220yen(SAT,SUN,Holiday and day before holiday)
Neko-no-mise. 1-2-9, Haramachida, M-Sa/12AM-10PM, Su or holiday/12PM-10PM. A cafe with a twist- there are cats running around that you can play with. Great if you want to play with cats but not raise one long-term.
Round 1. 194-0022, 1-13-14 Morino,042-710-0095, M-F/10AM-6AM Sa/9AM-6AM Su or holiday/8AM-6AM, bowling, Karaoke, Billiards, Medal's Game. There is popular and interesting amusement place.
SALA ,6-13-17 Haramachida, Tel: 042-739-0991. 30 minutes per one person. 12PM-7PM 50yen(M-F),100yen (Sa-Su, Day before holidays) 7PM-5AM 300yen (M-Th), 350yen(F-Su, Day before holidays). Free time 12AM-5PM 950yen (M-Th), 1350yen(F-Su, Day before holidays)
Sugawara Shrine 802 Haramachida,Machida, Tokyo People worship Sugawara god at this place.There is god of learning (Sugawara Michizane) in this shrine. In the past, he was a scolar of the Heian period. You have to climb a long flight of stairs to get to the shrine.
Track and Field Place 2035 Nozutamachi,Machida,Tokyo It is inside Nozuta Park. About 6,200 people. In here, many soccer game are held at the park. Therefore, many university is come here at various sports contest. Fee is 300 yen.
Fashion Stores include: 109. Jorna. Lumine. OIOI. Modi. Tokyu Twins and so on. These are all located near Machida station on both the Yokohama and Odakyu lines.
- 109. 6-8-1 Haramachida, TEL: 042-709-2111. Open from 10AM-8PM (B1F～5F shopping) 10AM-11PM (5F restaurant ※last order 10PM). . A 1 minute walk from JR Machida Station, 3 minutes from Odakyu Machida station. A slightly smaller branch of the famous womens' shopping paradise found in Shibuya. It includes clothes, dresses, sundries, small articles, accessories, shoe stores, restaurants, a book store, a large HMV CD/DVD store, cosmetics, a hair salon, beauty salon, print club and more. Popular amongst teenagers and stylish young women. The Indian restaurant on the 5th floor is highly recommended.
- Book-Off. 4-4-8 Haramachida, ☎ 042-739-4580. . Second-hand shop including comic books, CDs, games, and more. If you are studying Japanese, comic books are helpful.
- Don Quijote. 4-2-14 Haramachida, Machida-shi, Tokyo. [TEL: 042-709-5411]. . Popular chain of discount shops found all across Japan. Great selection and wide range of merchandise from groceries to electronics to designer handbags, at really low prices. This branch is open until 5 AM every day.
- Mega Don Quijote. 6-13-21 Haramachida, Machida-shi, Tokyo. [TEL: 042-725-3810]. . Popular chain of discount shops found all across Japan. Great selection and wide range of merchandise at really low prices. This newer branch is larger with a slightly different range of merchandise, including a good and cheap grocery store on the lower-level, and an imported food and wine section on the ground floor. Located in the former Nagasakiya discount department store building. [CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]
- Grandberry Mall. 3-4-1 Tsuruma, 042-795-0109. Open from 10AM-8PM (Some stores open longer). This is a big outlet shopping mall. You can buy clothes, shoes and so on at cheap prices. There are some stores from foreign countries such as Coldstone Creamery ice cream, but you can also find Japanese brand clothes. There are also many restaurants and an indoor food court. You can eat Chinese, Vietnamese, Italian and so on. The mall also has a movie theater called 109 Cinemas. On weekends, the mall is always crowded with many people and you can even see some street performers. Grandberry Mall is a good place not only for shopping but also for walking. On weekends, many people come to show their pets to other people and have fun talking about pets. You can also rent dogs to walk (no joke). Some of the neighboring areas are sometimes used as filming locations for Japanese TV dramas. 1 minute walk from Tokyu Den-en-toshi line Minami-Machida station.
- Lumine. 6-1-11 Haramachida, 042-739-3111. Open from 10AM-9PM (shopping) 11AM-10PM (restaurant) Takes 1 minute walk from JR Machida Station and 3 minutes from Odakyu Machida station. It's a big department store that includes clothes, dresses, sundries, small articles, accessories, shoes, a restaurant, a book store, a CD/DVD store, cosmetics, a hair salon and more.
- Mina 4-1-17,Haramachida, 042-710-3725. M-Su 10AM-9PM. There is a very large UNI-QLO store if you need to pick up any cheap clothing during your travels. Also, there are cafes and knick-knack stores.
- Tokyu Twins. 6-4-1, Haramachida, Mchida-shi, Tokyo. 042-728-2111. Open from 10AM-9PM (EAST B1-7F and WEST 1F-8F) 11AM-11PM (EAST 8F restaurant). Takes 1 minute walk from JR Machida Station and 3 minutes from Odakyu Machida station. Tokyu Twins is a big department store which is composed of two towers, EAST and WEST. In the EAST, there are many selected clothes shops and bland cloth shops such as DIESEL, HARE, LACOSTE and so on and are many shops of shoes, accessories, fragrances, glasses, hats, watches, and more. There is a coffee shop on 3F, grocery on 1F and B1 and restaurants on 8F. In the WEST, there are many shops of clothes, sports, interior, beauty, salon, travel, and schools like E-ON. There are tea and coffee shops, Afternoon Tea tea room and Starbucks Coffee on 3F and Daiso on 8F which is one of the biggest 100-yen shops in all of Japan. Daiso Machida has been renewed in Twins WEST since April 19, 2013.
- Modi. 6-2-6, Haramachida, Mchida-shi, Tokyo. 042-812-2700. There are many select cloth shops found in Shibuya and Harajuku such as FRAPBOIS, TSUMORI CHISATO and mercibeaucoup, and are also many famous men's cloth shops such as Journal Standard, UNION STATION, Chaopanic, RAGE BLUE and so on. There're many restaurants, coffee shops, sweets shops, interior shops and CD/DVD store, Tower Record as well.
Photogallery Machida Japan:
Outsiders - The C1 Wangan, Chocolate Crisps, Bosozoku, And Not A ...
Nikki Pugh » japan
Aetos Japan names Minoru Machida as MD - Moves - News ...
machida, Tokyo, Japan - What happens in machida right now!
Panoramio - Photo of Machida Station,Tokyo,Japan
Machida defends Skate America title by whopping margin | The Japan ...
Japan's Machida wins Skate America short program - DailyHerald.com
Costco Japan (Machida) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Machida, Japan. | Places I've visited | Pinterest
Machida's decision to quit both selfish and untimely | The Japan Times
The Daily Reflector
Machida takes command | The Japan Times
Machida(machida City,Tokyo,Japan) Property For Sale - Buy Real ...
Odakyu Machida : Machida, Japan. Official Rolex Dealer
Squirrel Park in Machida - Tokyo - Japan Travel, Cathy Cawood
Kaiten Zushi Shop: Machida, Japan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Flipping kanji around for new meanings | The Japan Times
Machida Ramen Festival 2014 | JAPAN ATTRACTIONS
Machida(machida City,Tokyo,Japan) Property For Sale Photo ...
Flexstay Inn Machida, Machida, Japan | Hotels.com