Keywords: wikitravel,wiki,travel,tourism,travel guide,hotels,restaurants,nightlife,things to do,kakinada
Description: Open source travel guide to Kakinada, featuring up-to-date information on attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, travel tips and more. Free and reliable advice written by Wikitravellers from around the globe.
It goes by the sobriquets "Fertilizer City",owing to the large concentration of fertilizer plants and "Pensioner's Paradise" & "Second Madras", as it is well planned and peaceful city. Although earlier it is called as "Pensioner's Paradise",it made its significance in industrial sector as well and is witnessing rapid growth, after the setting up of a Special Economic Zone and proposed "Petroleum, Chemical and Petrochemical Investment Region (PCPIR)". The city is the defacto capital of KG Basin and a hub to all the deep sea exploratory activity in the region.This region is purported to be the next Gulf of Mexico.
You could travel to this beautiful, quaint port city by road or rail. If you are travelling by air, then you can fly to either Rajahmundry or Visakhapatnam. Both places are well connected to major cities, take road or rail transport from there.
The nearest airport is located at Rajahmundry, about 65 km from the city has services to Hyderabad, Chennai and Visakhapatnam. Kingfisher Airlines is the airlines operating here. The nearest International airport is at Visakhapatnam at a distance of 145 km and has the services of all major airline operators to all big cities in the country.
Kakinada is connected to the capital city Hyderabad by direct train, which covers the journey overnight. There are several trains which can bring you from all across the country to Samalkot, which is only about 15km away from Kakinada. Frequent bus, taxi and auto connections can take you to Kakinada in 20 - 25 minutes from Samalkot. Kakinada has three railway stations namely Kakinada Junction(3km), Kakinada Port(8km) and Samalkot Junction(12km). Only Samalkota is on the Chennai-Visakhapatnam-Howrah line, where almost all express trains stop to connect Kakinada with the important places of the country.
Good roads connect Kakinada with all the places within the state and also with major cities like Chennai and Bangalore. Transport by road from Kakinada to all the places of interest is in the form of Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC buses), There are non-stop services to Visakhapatnam and Rajahmundry 365 days-a-year.
Private bus operators provide transport services to various parts of the country. National Highway-214 runs through the heart of the city.
- Kesineni Travels. . They have A/C, Deluxe & Non-A/C regular bus service to Hyderabad and they providing connection bus service to major cities like Chennai, Bangalore, Pune & Mumbai. edit
- Sree Kaleswari Travels. ☎ 9052525555. . Volvo A/C semi sleeper bus service to Hyderabad, edit
Taxis, Autorickshaws are the major means of transport within the city. Kakinada remains one of the few places in which you can enjoy an open top rickshaw ride across town while you enjoy the breeze and the colourful market streets in this beautiful city.And for those that prefer a more personal means of quick transport, there are the auto-rickshaws.Share autos are better and economical optionto roam around
Kakinada is also a place of interest for Tourists as well.Below is the list of places to visit in and around Kakinada.
- Annavaram Satyanarayana Swamy Temple.
- Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Sri Bhava Narayana Swamy temple at Sarpavaram (5 km).
- Kukkuteshwara Swamy temple at Pithapuram (12 km).
- Draksharama Shiva Temple (National Heritage Site).
- Sri Bhimeswaraswamy vari temple (Sri Chalukya Kumararama temple, one of the Pancharama Kshetras and a National Heritage Site)(10km) Samalkota .
- Kotipalli Kotilingeswara temple, on the banks of river Godavari .
- Konaseema scenic locations of Godavari delta islands and boat rides on Godavari river.
- Vakalpudi beach and Rajiv Gandhi beach on the banks of Godavari,Yanam.
- Hope Island in Bay of Bengal is around 7KM east of Kakinada .
- Apart from the above you will find several temples with Gardens and ponds.
Apart from the movie entertainments, there are many parks, cosmopolitan clubs, beaches and natural scenic attractions. Its well known for its multiplex and fine cinema theatres within the Godavari Districts of Andhra Pradesh.
Kakinada also offers a good selection of stores and malls selling clothes, jewellery, books and other accessories etc.
- Vaibhav Mall.
- Spencers Hyper Market.
- Chandana Brothers.
- Bommana Brothers.
- Planet Fashion.
- Khanzana Jewellery.
- Raj Jewellery.
- And many book and accessory stores available near main road and balaji Cheruvu.
Kakainada famous for sea foods, especially good and popular variety of fish and prawns. This city is also famous for its unique "Kakinada Kaja", which was very popular not only in Andhra, but also in far away places like Bihar and U.P and is available at many sweet shops locally, sugar-syrup filled, sweet dish. Good options for Biriyani are Yati foods, Spice, Seasons and Haveli restaurants with branches at Main Road and near Bhanugudi Center.
- Sri Krishna Vilas ( Subbaiah Hotel ), Ramaraopeta ( in Subbayya Hotel ), ☎ +91-884-2379365. This is the place where you get the best Andhra meal consiting of. Dal,pulihora, dal powder( kandhi podi) ,curry leaf powder are delicious items here along with ghee,curd in pot, a special sweets known as Poornalu, bobatlu are very tasty. It is famous for the way the servers serve food with hospitality. If you happen to come to kakinada, dont miss this awesome food joint. edit
- Few more different items that one should not miss are the innumerable carts strategically located at populous street corners to get their share of bhajis and a delightfully tasty mixture of onions, toasted rice, and sev (Pidatha Kindha Pappu).
- kotayya ( khaja ), main road ( near super bazar ), ☎ 97012574869. kakinda is very famous for this special sweet named as kotayya khaja edit
Some fine pubs, bars and resorts are located within the city and yanam (union territory) nearby for people to get relaxed in their own way. Few of them are:
- Hot 5 bar, in Hotel Royal Park.
- Sixer Pub, near Bhanugudi center.
- Hotel Ishwarya Grand, Bar.
- Open Galaxy Bar and Restaurant, Bhanugudi centre.
It is home to several star and business class hotels providing a pleasant stay to the tourists and business people. Few of them are Royal Park, Aishwarya Grand, Jaya Residency (Daspalla group) and Hotel Oak Tree.
Photogallery Kakinada India:
India: Kakinada Port Invests in Dredging | Dredging Today
Sandeep 's World >> Visakhapatnam Trip
The Voice of Stray Dogs | Illegal Cow Slaughter prevalent across ...
The Voice of Stray Dogs | DSC01779
APSRTC Bus (Kakinada to Kotipalli) - India Travel Forum ...
The Voice of Stray Dogs | Illegal Cow Slaughter prevalent across ...
G.Msmidada, Kakinada Rural, Andhra Pradesh, India. | Flickr ...
The Voice of Stray Dogs | P1000257
Aemetis, Inc. | Facilities
Sea coast, Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh, India. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Technical Building... - Coromandel Office Photo | Glassdoor
Seashore, Kakinada. India. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Kakinada Tourism, Kakinada Travel Guide, Must See Places in ...
Location : Uppada, Kakinada Rural, East Godavari District, Andhra ...
Lodging in Kakinada, India
Kurnool to Kakinada by train, bus, car, plane, taxi | Rome2rio
The Voice of Stray Dogs | DSC00167
Manufacturing and Services of machinery and specialize vehicles ...