Keywords: Bageshwar India
Description: Bageshwar district is located in the Kumoan region of Uttarakhand India. Information and profile of Bageshwar district in Uttaranchal India. Stats about Bageshwar district - Population, literacy and geographical location. How to reach Bageshwar India, Places to visit in Bageshwar, maps, photos and pictures of Bageshwar district.
Bageshwar – On the coast of the confluence of River Gomti and Saryu is known between people as the center of faith and tourism. Many ancient temples are limited in its boundaries like Bageshwar Mahadev, Hanuman Temple, Bhairav Temple, Kalika Temple, Panchnam Junnarka, Datatrey Maharaj, Vaneshwar Temple and a few others.
The beautiful town is also a delight for adventure sports lovers. The famous Pindari, Sunderdunga and Kafni glaciers can be reached via Bageshwar. Bageshwar gets its name from this ancient temple of Lord Shiva set in the heart of the town. According to mythological legends, sage Markandey lived here and the place was visited by Lord Shiva in the form of Bagh or tiger. Annual Uttaraini fair held in January is another reason for tourists to gather here.
- Bagnath Temple. Built-up in 14 th Century, this ancient shrine is dedicated to Lord Shiva at the confluence of Gomati and Sarayu River. Shivratri and Makar Sakranti festival invites a huge crowd here.
- Chandika Temple. Temple is dedicated to Goddess Chandika standing on the five feet rock inviting huge gathering every Navratris.
- Gauri Udiyar. The sacred site is 8 kms from Bageshwar and has a large cave enshrining idols of Lord Shiva.
- Baijnath. A quaint town on the bank of Gomti River is known for ancient temples like Lord Baijnath Temple, Bhagwati Mata Temple. Baijnath is another name of Lord Shiva.
- Kanda. This is a cluster of 54 villages of Kanda near the ancient town of Bageshwar amidst the terraced hills of Kumaon. It is 25 km away from Bageshwar.
- Pindari Glacier. This world famous glacier is situated in the Pinder Valley at an altitude of 3353 mts. between the Nanda Devi and Nanda Kot mountains.
- Pindari Glacier Trek. The base camp is at Song which can be reached by road from Bageshwar (36 kms), Almora (109 kms), and Kathgodam (199 kms). After that one has to trek 45kms upto zero point (Pindari Glacier).
- Sunderdhunga Glacier
- By Air. Nearest Airport to the city is Pant Nagar in Nainital, 206 km away from Bageshwar.
- By Rail. Kathgodam is the nearest Railway Station, 180 km away from Bageshwar. Public and Private Vehicles are available at Kathgodam Railway Station 24*7 hours.
- By Road. The district of Bageshwar is very well connected to the other parts of the country via Road Route. Opening the way of Bageshwar to the outside world, Delhi and Lucknow are directly connected via 460 km and 507 km long road route.
Photogallery Bageshwar India:
Bageshwar Tourism Bageshwar Travel Guide - Bageshwar India ...
Bageshwar seen from the road to Kanda - India Travel Forum ...
the Gomti River..meandering near bageshwar Photo from Asli India
Bageshwar Village - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com
Bagnath Temple Bageshwar::Kumaon Yatra
Gomti and Saryu joining at Bageshwar - India Travel Forum ...
Bageshwar | Himalayan Images
1%er_ftw: Khati Village, Kapkite Tehsil, Bageshwar District ...
Untouch uttarakhand Travel
visit dharchulha ddhat thal chakudi bageshwar baijnath dham ...
Bageshwar, Nainital Car Rental, Uttarakhand, India
River Gomti and the road to Baijnath from Bageshwar - India Travel ...
Local Government Office in Bageshwar, India
Dhauli Nag Temple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Goverment PG College Bageshwar :: PG College Bageshwar Uttarakhand ...